Tuesday 21 September 2010

Baby Change Table

So recently I built a baby change table. Why? Because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of product on offer in all of the baby stores out there. Not to mention the price point on these things, which leads me to a comment made by someone close to me "why didn't you just buy an ikea one". While I appreciate what Ikea are trying to do with their sustainability and environmental goals I didn't want to buy into a throw away furniture lifestyle and I already had a large pile of timber laying about that was just begging to be used.

It took me two weekends of building, pulling apart painting, putting back together, putty and more paint and finally I ended up with something that fits perfectly into the room, addresses all of the requirements my lovely wife had and above all - CAN HOLD OVER 80KG. Yes, I did test it out.

Here's the eye candy for you:

 
 

No comments: