Saturday 5 February 2011

Flood Relief Furniture (Drift Wood?)

So after a number of calls into local businesses about the supply of damaged wood I can report that not a single one of them was willing to come on board to help with the flood relief – despite themselves being affected. They either weren’t interested or wanted the money raised for themselves. Needless to say I'm a little disappointed with the attitudes of some people.

I’m off this weekend to a couple of local scrap yards to see if they have anything from the floods for this project. Stay tuned as things develop. I’m hoping to have a few initial sketches up by the end of the weekend.


[edit]
I'm pleased to find out through a friend that there is a scrap yard in coorparoo that has flood affected floor boards. I'll be checking them out tomorrow or next weekend to see if its going to work for this project.

No comments: